Tuesday, October 12, 2004

life rewards

i've recently come across quite a number of long lost friends. uh... well, i wouldn't really call them friends as for most of them i don't even know their names but i do recognise their faces. i'd rather call them someone i know or ex-hall residents.

and what made these encounters with them so significant to me is how they approached me. the excited looks, the big smiles on their faces. they were sincere and i'm not flattering myself. they didn't hesitate to come and say hi to me. you know... they're always those times when you see your old friends or teachers and you try to avoid so that you don't have to even talk to them. i gotta admit i always do that. but these people ran across the street just to say hi to me. they asked about my life. they asked about hall. at least they remember. they remember me and hall. i feel that my efforts have been paid off. at least, i didn't do it for nothing. for the past few years that i've been working my ass off serving the hall. just to make the difference to the residents' lives. to make them remember. to show them we care. to make them happy. to make hall a better place to stay in. and it worked.

i may be insignificant to this wolrd. i can't make a different to this earth. nor can i save it. but at least in this very small island, someone somewhere remembers me and hall 10, the hall life they have experienced and the difference they have witnessed.

i've achived my goal.


Ni submitted homework at 4:35 PM

***


0 Assignments:

Post a Comment

<< Home